Moderator Application & Job Description
I’m seeking experienced content moderators for my YouTube channel. Moderators are responsible for monitoring real-time livestream comments for relevance, and removing anything that goes against the YouTube standards or makes for an unsafe chat environment. Moderators also help answer FAQs and aid in promotion and engagement.
I create about 15 live videos per month, (approximately 4 per week). Each livestream is at least 90 minutes in length. Moderators are expected to show up for all of these livestreams. This is a paid contract position.
High-Level Job Requirements
- Must have prior experience (6 months or more) moderating on YouTube or Twitch.
- If you’ve moderated on Twitch, you can show some of those logs, but I also expect at least one example of YouTube moderation. Plus, you should be fluent in the YouTube moderation tools.
- If you do not have any experience on Twitch or YouTube, you must do that first for 6 months before applying. Thanks!
- Available to moderate at 9am Pacific Time (Sun, Mon, Thu, Fri)
- Fluent in English with proper grammar and good typing skills
- Willing to take constructive feedback
- Personable and approachable
Description and Additional Requirements:
- The moderator will help facilitate a safe chat environment. This includes removing hateful comments, spam, advertisements, and any inappropriate messages from chat.
- Keeping chat on-topic is essential, especially if there is too much cross-talk or off-topic conversations.
- Relaying information is also part of the job. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Posting links to social media so people can connect with Nicholas.
- Providing a reminder of the next video (time/date/link).
- Providing relevant links to Patreon, Amazon, PayPal as needed.
- Encouraging engagement—reminding folks to like/subscribe and take part in the conversation—is also important.